Good evening 😊
2020 so far has changed all our plans for this year. Many of us, the top resolution for most of us is the same one every year. Yes, you guessed it…losing weight. This has been my resolution for years, and I was close to staying fully committed. From January until September of 2019, I had lost twelve pounds, from my starting weight of 278 to 266 pounds. And once October came around, my migraines came back more severe, causing me to slow down. And then January 2020, I got sick with another sinus infection, causing me to slow down again and lost motivation completely.
We’re now in July, and due to the pandemic and changes in my lifestyle, I have gained most of my weight back and more. I’m trying to change but it’s been a struggle for the past six months. I’m not giving up yet, and I’m ready to make a change.
Here are some tips that helped me get back into an effective workout routine. I just started on these steps last week, and I’m still taking baby steps. That’s one of the tips that I stressed to myself this go around:
- START SLOW– For me, six months is a long time to go without eating right, getting the right amount of sleep, getting any form of physical activity. Now, I have to think back to how I was back in January 2019, and I started off by working out 3 days a week (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays). For a month, I kept up with this routine of working out for 3 days a week, changing my eating habits, increasing my water intake, getting the proper amount of sleep, and getting rid of anything toxic in my life.
- WRITE IT DOWN/CREATE A TRACKER– Write down your goals of what you want your current weight to be, how you want to feel during this journey, write down what works and what doesn’t work. Create a workout tracker to keep track of your progress of working out consistently or losing the weight to get to your goal
- YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT– I’m a firm believer of this saying. After six months of eating whatever I want and not working out, my body is paying the price. So instead soda, chips, candy, and sweets, why not vegetables, fruits, protein, water, and teas. All of these things will help clear your body of toxins and give you that glow that you’ve been looking for. You’ll also have tons of energy eating the right amounts of the rainbow
- WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER– Water is your best friend, it clears your skins, it aids in weight loss, it boosts metabolism, it aids with healthy digestion, and add some fruit to it to make it taste yummy
- SLEEP IS IMPORTANT– If you want that full 8-9 hours of sleep, you need to create a soothing environment for yourself. No electronics before bed, read a book or listen to an audiobook, have Quiet Time, put on something that has a lavender scent to it. Make you some sleepy time tea like chamomile. All these things will help you sleep.
Well those are my tips and tricks for you all to help you ease back into a workout routine. Let me know if you’ve tried any of these out, or if you have tips for me and others, share them in the comments below.
Until next time…