Good evening all 🌙
So, tonight’s post is going to be an interesting one. Let’s rewind to last week:
MAR. 15TH -MAR. 21ST:
- Went to work like normal, while getting emails being aware of the COVID-19 situation
- Working on Week 5 of my 2nd class- a final exam, paper, and points for taking a survey
- Dealing with my “Monthly Gift” which required constant snacking, pigging out on chocolate, and staying in my sweats all weekend
MAR. 22ND- MAR. 28TH:
- Start my 3rd class after having a mini break between classes
- Arrived to work, only to prepare my workstation to be updated and functioning properly for at home use (working from home starting yesterday)- still getting adjusted to it
- Trying to play catch up in my current class by completing my tasks for Week 1
So, after my first day of working from home, I took the rest of the evening to play and finished my game of Tomb Raider. Then spent the rest of the evening browsing positive boards on Pinterest. Today, I woke up with a migraine and an upset stomach. Mom checked on me for most of the morning and asked me “How are you able to find your balance between work and class now that you brought work from home?” Long story short, it’s been a challenge and I’m working on it.
Today has been a day of playing catch-up, and tomorrow will be another round too. It’s different for me because I work from 7:30 to 4, take a small break when I come home, and from 5:30 to 8, I’m working on homework for class. Now, I’m trying to maintain that balance, but I’m finding myself looking at a screen for too long. So, I’m working on cutting out screen time, and adding more books, sketching, writing, and other hobbies to help me rest myself mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
I found some new reads from Amazon. Two of the books being about self-healing and chakras. I wanted to get a book on astrology, dealing with the zodiac signs. This is the time for me to train my mind, my body, and spirit to practice healthier habits. I’ve also been researching again on freelancing and turning that into a career. After having a conversation with a colleague, I learned that it’s ok to have an outlet to explore new things, and new job opportunities. I still want to turn that into a passion of mines, but I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before I make any moves.
Well, hope you all are doing ok during these crazy times, and continue to stay encouraged and positive.
Until next time…