Good evening 🌙
We are now in the third month of 2020. Now, we ask the questions:
- Where have I been?
- How have I been?
- What is going on in my life?
It’s update time!
Let’s start back in January, shall we?
- January 1st through January 7th: I started the week, fighting off seasonal allergies. Unfortunately, it’s normal for me since I have chronic sinusitis. I rang in the New Year with Mom, in front of the television, eating chili dip, and googling over adorable labrador puppies that were just born. Thank you, Life With Labradors, on YouTube. I am forever grateful to you. Then, I turned 29 on January 2nd. Dad and I spent the day watching documentaries on Netflix, the classics on Disney+, and had a pizza party and a Starbucks tea with Mom and my brother. The rest of the week, my sinuses were clearing, my health was getting better, and I preparing to start back to work.
- January 8th through January 31st: Once my health was back on track, I was preparing for a new chapter in my life. I was starting online classes at Ashford University to pursue my BA in Communication Studies. I ended the month, celebrating both my birthday and my friend’s birthday with a Girls’ Night Out at Krab Kingz, and we continued our adventure to Hotbox Cookies and Insomnia Cookies. We finished the night on a good note with laughs, giggles, plans, and goals for the remainder of this year and the new year to come.
- February 1st through February 14th: Took a trip to MetroPCS to have Mom switched back, and had to put my ZTE phone to rest, and turned to another phone, the Alcatel 3v. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! At this point, I aced my first course, and now going through my next class: An Introduction to Communication 101.
- February 15th through February 29th: I took this time to reflect on my health- mentally, physically, spiritually. I’ve also been reflecting on my performance at work, as well as my performance in school. I’m brainstorming and outlining the passions and goals that I want to accomplish this year and in the next five years. I made this weekend the final weekend that I indulge in my bad habits, and start working on healthier habits for myself.
So how can I sum up 2020 so far? January was my month of healing and preparation. February was my month of reflecting, learning, and growing. My word for the year is BALANCE; I think it’s going to be my word for this year, and maybe a little longer. Because I have a mental illness, I remember that giving myself some form of structure helped me stay more motivated and healthier in the past. I’m now at a place where I’m trying to balance things in my life so that I’m more productive and managing my time wisely so that I have enough time to do what I need to do.
We’re now entering spring, which is a time of new beginnings, a fresh start, and warmer weather, which can help me start to get out of these winter blues. So, where have I been? Mostly work, home, and online school. How have I been? I was in a funk, but I’m taking things one day at a time. What projects are coming up in the future? I’m a creative Capricorn, brainstorming, editing, and making boss moves.
Until next time